Sunday, April 12, 2009

Chocolate Sorbet




I've never had chocolate sorbet. Ever. Sure, I've enjoyed a few fruit sorbet flavors - mostly raspberry. Knowing the texture of fruit based sorbets, I figured chocolate sorbet could never be as good as chocolate ice cream, so why bother? There's no cream in there, how could it be good?



This was my thought on chocolate sorbet, until I read Joy the Baker's description of a batch that she had made on her blog. That was enough to convince me that I needed to try this recipe out! I can't say I had quite the same experience, but it was much better than I was expecting and I really liked it.



There is a definite in-your-face chocolatey flavor to this, no doubt about it, so use the best chocolate you can. I resisted the urge to add anything and followed the recipe as given, however, next time I would love to add some coffee to it, or even cinnamon.

You can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That picture is KILLING ME!!!!!!!! Thank you for the link to the recipe & for destroying my resolve to cut calories with that killer picture!

    ReplyDelete